Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hatchman70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
I've been searching for days, but since Verizon changed the rules for UDP in November, and since the sales rep said I could loose UDP, need some help on getting a new phone on my UDP line.

Line 1: UDP, Galaxy Note 4, upgrade is available, not on contract
Line 2: UDP, iPhone 4s with bad battery, upgrade available, not on contract
Line 3: TDP, Droid 4 to iPhone 5s, upgrade not available, new 2 year contract

Just picked up an iPhone 5s at a Verizon corporate store on Line 3 TDP and therefore renewed the 2 year contract on that line. The iPhone 5s is still sealed in the box, never been opened/turned on/activated.

I want to activate the 5s phone on Line 2, as my old iPhone 4s battery lasts about two hours from full charge.

How do I activate the 5s on Line 2 without losing the UDP?

As the 4s and 5s have different SIM cards, and going from 3G to 4G, not sure how that works.

The rep at the corporate Verizon store said if I activate the 5s on the UDP line, I will loose UDP since the subsidized phone was "purchased" on the TDP line, but I've done it before with no issue.

Please help! Don't want to loose UDP, but need a new phone. Should I sell the 5s and use the proceeds to get another phone to reduce the chance of loosing UDP? Thank you!

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Very simple in your case.

U used line 3. Tiered data plan to upgrade.

Just activate the iPhone 5S on line 3. Phone is activated. Bam. Done.

Next. Take nano sim out of iPhone 5S.

Go to Verizon store. Ask them for nano sim for line 2. Put nano sim into iPhone 5S.

It's that simple.

The only thing u have to consider is what phone are u gonna to use on line 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.