Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greginclt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
I just updated my phone from 9.2.1 to 9.3. I do not see anywhere in the settings to activate wi-fi calling over the Verizon network. Any ideas? The carrier is Verizon 24.0. Is there an update?

greginclt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
I was looking in the cellular menu in settings. I think that's where it was with att.

nrweaver

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2010
Did anyone get this work yet? I have set it up and have it turned on but it never shows "Verizon Wi-Fi" when I am on wifi.

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Did anyone get this work yet? I have set it up and have it turned on but it never shows "Verizon Wi-Fi" when I am on wifi.
I'm in a hotel with a lousy Verizon cellular signal. I've been on Verizon Wifi for a few hours now. You need to be down to one or two cellular bars for it to kick in. To force it to work now, turn on airplane mode and then turn wifi back on. Then wait a minute.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Your signal has to be 2 bars or less before it switches over. Then it will switch automatically once enabled but prefers cellular.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach

Your cell signal has to drop to a ?low? level before wifi calling kicks in. You can test it by setting Airplane mode and then enabling wifi.

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
You also need good wifi. I'm in a crappy hotel right now and my wifi call had several dropouts...complete silence on my side. I had to hang up and redial with wifi turned off to have a decent conversation. Bummer.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Thanks, turning on airplane mode, then wifi, waiting till it turned on, and then turning off airplane mode worked for me. It's constantly on VZW Wi-Fi (then wifi symbol). This is a huge save for me because at my house I usually have 1-2 bars and miss calls or it rings once then goes to voicemail.

Reactions: rneglia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.