VerizonWireles Customers that use bluetooth connection for internet

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SolidGun, Aug 12, 2004.

1. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

I have been looking around and I am guessing that I have to settle for VerizonWireless as my new cellular service provider. I want to buy a phone that supports the bluetooth connection (I have heard that this is rare for Verizon) for the phone to be used as a wireless modem.
    What plan do you have and what phone do you use? Do you find this to be costly? I believe I can get another ISP for dial-up(I have cable), but the phone and service needs to be established first.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Marlon_JBT macrumors 6502

Well, if you're looking to use the new Motorola V710, you cannot use the Bluetooth for connection with a computer. (Unless someone has hacked it by now.)

As far as I know, that is the only Bluetooth model Verizon has ever had. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

The v710 is really the only option for Bluetooth on Verizon. I just bought mine Wednesday, and I'm pleased with it. I am able to connect to 1xRTT high speed network via Bluetooh flawlessly. You cannot sync via Bluetooth though, but you can through USB data cable.

4. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Is this extra? and if so how much do you pay for this service and for how many minutes? And I am assuming that you are connecting your Mac via bluetooth to V710?
    If that is the only option on Verizon, I wouldn't mind getting it since people have mentioned the phone to be really cool.