version of mail in OS X 10.2.8?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dolphin1, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dolphin1 macrumors member

Yes, that did read OSX 10.2.8.
    Right now Im running on 10.2.4 and I need to try and upgrade as far as I can so that my mail will hopefully work better with my ISP.
    Does anyone know what version mail is in the 10.2.8? Right now I have mail 1.2.3 and half my mail won't go out unless I keep quitting the mail program and try and try again.
    I thought about just using the mail program thru my ISP (sisna) but theirs is terrible. Has a sisna advertisment sig. that I can't get rid of and other little annoying items so I don't want to use that.
    Thanks -

2. Soton Speed macrumors member

I'm apparently using Mail 1.2.5 on OS 10.2.8 .

Who is your accont with?

3. dolphin1 thread starter macrumors member

I've got sisna as my ISP. I had the same problems with totalusa too with Mail. Sisna said they see the problem happening with the old versions of Mail on the macs. They didn't know how to fix it -- they just suggested I update. I don't think 1.2.5 would upgrade enough - but I don't know....

4. Soton Speed macrumors member

Have you tried trashing Mail preferences?

Is your email account with the ISP?

5. dolphin1 thread starter macrumors member

I'm using mac mail but yes, it is connected with sisna. I sent them an email and I got an email back and they said that I was given the wrong info. (I should have gotten the tech's name). They said that I shouldn't be having those problems that they support my system just fine. I shouldn't have to upgrade at all.
    Right now I've sent out two emails and they went out fine. It doesn't happen all the time. When it happens again, I'll call tech support and get someone who knows Macs well. I'm sure the person I talked with didn't know what he was doing. Probably a PC'er.

6. Soton Speed macrumors member

Looking at your other thread, it would still be worth updating to 10.2.8 from the security and stability point of view.

7. dolphin1 thread starter macrumors member

I will upgrade to the 10.2.8 but on a day I'm at work or if I remember I'll start it downloading early in the evening and let it do its thing all night. I"m on dial up :( and the last time I started the download it said 12 hours!!
    I talked with sisna tech help last night and I think we got the issue solved (I think anyway). I think it had something to do with my user name attached to the outgoing mail. On my ibook (no problems with it) I had my user name attached to the server, on my eMac, I didn't.