Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ribbonthecat

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have my PB connected to an old (we're talking ten year old) ADI Microscan Pivoting Monitor, which has the physical ability to pivot 90 degrees clockwise. Is there any way I could use this rotational feature with OSX?

ribbonthecat

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Chicago, IL
I tried holding down the option key as I opened System Preferences and Display, and I didn't get the Rotate button. I have a 12' PB 1.5 GHz with 512 of RAM.

MB Buyer?

macrumors member
May 18, 2006
ribbonthecat said:
I tried holding down the option key as I opened System Preferences and Display, and I didn't get the Rotate button. I have a 12' PB 1.5 GHz with 512 of RAM.

you need two things

1 - tiger
2- a mac with an ATI GPU, not nvidia, and from the rumors I have heard not intel's Heap Of S*** integrated

I would love to be proven wrong about intel integrated's rotate ability - anybody with a MB tried it?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
MB Buyer? said:
you need two things

1 - tiger
2- a mac with an ATI GPU, not nvidia, and from the rumors I have heard not intel's Heap Of S*** integrated

I would love to be proven wrong about intel integrated's rotate ability - anybody with a MB tried it?

Under Windows XP with Bootcamp I can - but not in OSX :-(

MB Buyer?

macrumors member
May 18, 2006
7on said:
Under Windows XP with Bootcamp I can - but not in OSX :-(

wow, that's very interesting - so the option to rotate absent from the system prefs in os X? it sounds like intel integ graphics can do it, but not with the osx driver???

hmm i wonder if it might be fixed in the next tiger revision???:) or maybe leopard:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.