Very basic Mail question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reykjavik, May 7, 2006.

1. reykjavik macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004
    Lately, its been taking a long time for my mail to show when I click on the Inbox icon. There aren't any big picture files to load or anything so I don't know why its taking so long. When I reboot that fixes it, but Im not running windows and don't want to have to reboot.

Is it a ram issue? (I have a gig on a G5 iMac).
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    How many messages in inbox?

Pop or IMAP (or both)?
  3. reykjavik thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004

Only 5. I dont mean that Mail is taking a long time to download them. I mean that when I flip back and forth from say, the Trash bin to the Inbox bin, it takes a while to display the already existing 5 or so messages in the Inbox bin.
  4. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You didn't answer the question. I am betting that nothing is wrong. However, without knowing your email protocol, your network speed, the file size of the image files, etc., we can only guess.
  5. reykjavik thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004

My inbox contains 3 gmail accounts and 1 account. Im on a 3mbps DSL connection and of the 5 emails in my inbox, only one has a small headnote gif.
  6. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    I'm on an iBook G4 (see siggy) and Mail loads everything very fast for me. I have two GMAIL accounts and over 2000 emails that it's downloaded, so it may be a permissions problem, hard disk problem, RAM usage (multiple apps), CPU usage (if transfering files while trying to access the inbox), hard drive space (less than 15% left), GMail settings (I download all my emails), or a multitude of other things I could possibly think of.