Very confused here...questions about the macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amycishere, Feb 13, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

1. I read something on here about someones macbook that was still randomly shutting down after the firmwire update and they had to move a piece of tape. So there is a piece of tape on the outside of my macbook that I am going to have to move/remove? Where is it? Will the ports be blocked with paper or something that I need to remove before I start it up?

2. When I get it, will I need to start downloading updates? Or will everything be current?

...sorry but this all is just so nerve wracking to me. It just shipped from China today and I am so worried that I am going to have all these problems...

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Well, I remember people saying there was a clear piece of plastic at the vents in the back... I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just look. I havent bought a new macbook, so I am not sure. Just look.

Chances are you will have to update it. To what degree, who knows. You might have to go from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8

It really isn't a big deal. The updates are meant to fix problems.

Calm down. I promise it wouldnt self destruct when you turn it on. Just don't be in a hurry. Remove anything you see on the notebook, boot it up, set it up. Update. Then enjoy your macbook.