Very Frustrating PowerBook Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmike100, Mar 18, 2005.

1. mcmike100 macrumors member

I just got my new PowerBook and am very frustrated by its home and end keys (accessed by holding fn on the left and right arrows): they don't work in forms.

When I'm filling out a form on a website, I'm unable to quickly go to the beginning or the end. Is there any way to fix this, maybe a program I can download or something?

Thanks

2. nerdykarim macrumors member

i've only been a switcher for a couple weeks myself. but try either cmd or ctrl + arrow keys.

3. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks. It's unfortunate, but it seems that on the Mac fn-right, ctrl-right, and command-right can all be End in different programs :(

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

I'm guessing a little bit here, but when you're in a web form and hit "end" or "home" it is going to the beginning or end of the particular form in which you're typing.

You can check out what I mean by replying to a message here on the forum. If you are typing the reply and try and hit "end" it won't go anywhere, but if you click outside the box, it will go to the end of the thread string.

In many cases, you can do an Option-Tab to get out of the form field and then hit end.