very funny

Discussion in 'Community' started by mikeyredk, Aug 1, 2003.

1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

i am fliping through the channels when i come to this screen where windows was loading up but failed to load up and now there is a message on the tv saying to reinstall the OS

if ur in the leigh valley and have rcn the channel is 20 i would put up a picture but i can't find my camera

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: very funny

Thats nothing!

My cable provider shows on channel 144 (which my cable shouldn't go up to, my cable only *goes* up to 99) shows how much bandwitch every user is my neighborhood is using if they have cable online access.

Its so sad, I saw the monitoring crash once.

:illegal data entry on table 3, 2
    Cannot download at speeds of 1.5 MB/Second:

My cable connection only goes to 1 Mbit.

:eek:

3. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

its funnier cause its windows and its been on for hours now

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Quickly find that Camera!!

5. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I've seen stuff like that. It's truly an embarrassment, and looks completely unprofessional.

But hey, if they want to lose viewers, it's fine with me. Only the healthy, or heavily funded programs survive, and seeing as there is a windows error message broadcasting, they are a bit on the 'cheap' side...

6. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

7. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

there up oh and guess what they changed there programing i was just in time

here is the gallery

spymac

8. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i cant even count how many times i have seen the prevue channel on a bluescreen or something of that nature. its hilarious to see.

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

haha, thanks!
    :D

Windows 2000 also, that ones one of the more stable Windows out there... :eek:

10. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

This is really familiar. The digital displays for bus schedules at one of the busiest hubs in my city has been stuck on a BSOD for a month now!

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Yeah the 'TV guide channel' has had technical difficulties a number of times, and there is always that common windows background with the clouds.

scem0

12. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

i don't get the tvguide channel the cable is a rider for my cable modem

13. johnnowak macrumors 6502

I had something similiar out here two days ago in New York on the preview channel.

14. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

how odd, i have Directv and enjoy the fact that the guide is built into the system and no a specific channel.You can also select what plays in the little box and scroll yourself as opposed to our old cable where you had to watch dumb commercials and sit there for 10 minutes.

15. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

My cable is like that. When I go to a hotel (that has cable) I hate watching the TV guide channel. IT just goes so slow...... Back on topic: That is pretty funny that windows crashed on TV. Glad you got a picture of it for us to enjoy.

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The local UPN affiliate does that on a fairly regular basis. Also on a lot of ad breaks they will have a 60 second pause with a test signal and flashing text that says "Initiate Satellite Feed Now."

I guess that's just UPN for you :rolleyes:

17. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hehe, Viacom.

Gotta love that channel, soon I hope they can't pay for the shows they put on and are forced to sell the channel... it is so baad...

18. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I've seen both windows and the program itself crash on cable... Sometimes the show or slideshow or whatever (mostly the TV-guide channel) disappears in favor of a cursor frantically changing system settings and rebooting windows...

it's scarier when you see ATMs, i hear some early voting machines had the problem (they're supposedly more secure now... which is to say, a child could tamper with the results), kiosks (like photo booths, i've heard DMV kiosks, palm download stations)... all blue-screen of death. Makes you wonder how much revenue is lost yearly to the blue screen going for hours or days un-caught by employees...

On a somewhat related note, I heard another story about someone being endangered by the Windows CE based BMW, it shut down and locked everything tight, disabled the electrical system, for some diplomat... he was trapped until a passer-by smashed in a window and manually freed him...

I just know BMW is going to kill the line because of all the problems, I wish i could be the one to show the OS X... If they worked with Apple on a lite version of X (which I still think is a good idea), it would be super-stable and would be a great first step for Apple into the world of imbedded OS's...

pnw

19. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Haha, right now, for my area all non-'channels' have an error.

Cablevision, i love you guys... :p

There is a cursor in the middle of the screen and the box says 'playerstartup'

On the botton left I can see a folder called (first part is cut off) '2000 PCI'

There is a 2 in grey colors in the bottom right...

haha and it definattly is windows.

20. jbomber macrumors 6502a

jbomber