VERY Important

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Must.Get.nano!, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Must.Get.nano! macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005
    Ok, a long time ago turcs invaded Armenia and killed MILLIONS of armenians and took their land. I've been studying about this genocide for about 9 years now. And It's a very important subject for me.

Now PBS wants to air a show telling the whole world that this Armenian Genocide NEVER happend and the turcs NEVER KILLED ANY ARMENIANS. Which is not true.

If you woul'd take 5 minutes out of your day and fill a out a forum on this website:

We might just be able to make them not air the show.

Thank you for your help
  2. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    I would do that, but I don't have any evidence either way.

If it really happened, why would the say it didn't, and what proves it did or did not?
  3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    I think you have possibly left out some of the prior to history......just maybe.

I am aware of the large numbers killed, and it was awful, but haven't these two groups been at it throughout history? I may be wrong, just an old thought in my head.
  4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC

On the other hand, I doubt that PBS is broadcasting Turkish Nationalist documentaries, so perhaps this show just isn't as outraged as you'd like it to be.
  5. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Your post made me think that they were going to air a show stating as fact that the genocide never happened and that would be ludicrous. But when I clicked the link you provided I found that they were airing a show all about the Armenian Genocide and afterward letting some deniers have a panel discussion. When put that way I don't have a problem with it. I mean they are in no way trying to say it didn't happen, viewers will see that it did but some people seem to think it didn't. I don't consider a panel discussion a threat to the truth, most people should be smart enough to see that they are full of **** and if they aren't and had watched the previous hour, well then I think Darwin will be catching up to them soon.
  6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    As I thought. The documentary says the genocide happened. There is a panel discussion afterwards that includes some people who say it didn't, which is relavent because the Turkish government continues to deny these events. However, the panel also includes people who say the events took place, as almost everyone does. I bet they also outnumber the dissentors.

Move along folks. Nothing but the well-organized Armenian Diaspora here getting a bit overdramatic.