Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack White

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
England
Originally posted by Horrortaxi
Try Unsanity.com. Get their new APE manager and clear dock. It's a hack but it works in Panther.

I have to jump on the bandwagon and say how much I love Panther. I can't say much about speed yet because I haven't given it much of a workout but I'm a big fan of the sidebar and iDisk integration. Expose is cool and convenient but I keep accidently triggering it.

Is their a way to get the "folder thing" from the left to the right in Mail? I got used to it on the right in Jaguar and it's bugging me a little.

move the main window to the left of the screen and hide mailboxes, then open them again.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Originally posted by Horrortaxi
Try Unsanity.com. Get their new APE manager and clear dock. It's a hack but it works in Panther.

I have to jump on the bandwagon and say how much I love Panther. I can't say much about speed yet because I haven't given it much of a workout but I'm a big fan of the sidebar and iDisk integration. Expose is cool and convenient but I keep accidently triggering it.

Is their a way to get the "folder thing" from the left to the right in Mail? I got used to it on the right in Jaguar and it's bugging me a little.

Close the folder window and then move the mail window to the left side of the screen, now try it...it should open on the right hand side for now on.

As far as speed, it really is faster. There are a few glitches here and there, but I hope 10.3.1 will be out soon to take care of that.

vashim66

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2003
boot time?

HI, just wondering if someone would comment on the boot time (in seconds) for panther on one of those new powerbooks.

thanks

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Re: boot time?

Originally posted by vashim66
HI, just wondering if someone would comment on the boot time (in seconds) for panther on one of those new powerbooks.

thanks

It's about half as long as Jaguar was. I counted the number of times that black circle would spin in Jag and it was around 22-24 times and now it's about 8-12 in Panther.

LuckyJack

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2003
Utah
Re: Re: boot time?

Originally posted by Powerbook G5
It's about half as long as Jaguar was. I counted the number of times that black circle would spin in Jag and it was around 22-24 times and now it's about 8-12 in Panther.
You've sat and watched the black spinny thingie without becoming hypnotized? Cool.

Or maybe you are now in a permanent hypnotic state and don't know. It's all part of Apple's evil master plan...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.