Very minor iTunes question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Deepdale, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

As you can see by looking at the attached screen shot, the "R" in Rolling Stones corresponding to the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" starts one space to the right of all the others. I am using OS 9.1 and iTunes version 2.0.4 (okay, stop laughing now), but this was never a problem until recently ... any ideas as to how to make that first letter of the artist flush to the left like the rest? As I mentioned, this is minor and no sleep is lost over it. Thanks for any suggestions that may be offered.

Attached Files:

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Hmm... if you Get Info/Info the song in question,is there a space at the start of the title in the name field that needs to be removed? That's all I can think to suggest.

3. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That's the quirky thing ... no space at the start of the title in the Get Info area.

4. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

That sounds like the only thing it could be, it's no tlike you can move the songs around horizontally. Definitely check the title of the song.

5. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Sorry I read wrong, check the space at the front of the artist name, not the title.

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Ah – I see that I read it wrong too. Sorry!

Yes, on second thoughts check the artist name. :eek:

7. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

No problem. There was something that I neglected to mention concerning the letter placement. A blank space was left before the letter "R" because otherwise the song title stops at "You Can't Al." By placing a blank space it enables the full title to be displayed, but it does not allow the item to be flush to the left with others. I am sorry for having omitted that.

8. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Hmmm, now that's strange. What happens if you remove it from your library and import it again? It may not make any difference, but it's just a thought.

9. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Out of 1,903 total songs in the music library, this has affected 14 items. I have deleted the songs in question and reimported them only to be left with the same problem. This does seem to be quite the oddball situation.

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Wow, that's really weird. Have you tried deleting all of the song info and manually entering it?

11. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I just repeated that twice ... status quo still rules. :(

12. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Wow, I don't even know where to go next. It may be just a bug with that version of iTunes. Do you notice any common traits with the songs that have that problem?

13. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Every song in iTunes has been imported using the MP3 encoder, half at 160 kbps, balance at 192 kbps. There is no obvious pattern that seems to make those unruly 14 march to a different drummer. I do thank you for the good points you raised in responding to my post.

14. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

You're very welcome, I wish I could have helped you solve it.