Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
As you can see by looking at the attached screen shot, the "R" in Rolling Stones corresponding to the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" starts one space to the right of all the others. I am using OS 9.1 and iTunes version 2.0.4 (okay, stop laughing now), but this was never a problem until recently ... any ideas as to how to make that first letter of the artist flush to the left like the rest? As I mentioned, this is minor and no sleep is lost over it. Thanks for any suggestions that may be offered.

Attachments

• iTunes.txt
    3 bytes · Views: 93

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
Jaffa Cake said:
Hmm... if you Get Info/Info the song in question,is there a space at the start of the title in the name field that needs to be removed? That's all I can think to suggest.

That's the quirky thing ... no space at the start of the title in the Get Info area.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Jaffa Cake said:
Hmm... if you Get Info/Info the song in question,is there a space at the start of the title in the name field that needs to be removed? That's all I can think to suggest.
That sounds like the only thing it could be, it's no tlike you can move the songs around horizontally. Definitely check the title of the song.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
dsharits said:
Sorry I read wrong, check the space at the front of the artist name, not the title.

No problem. There was something that I neglected to mention concerning the letter placement. A blank space was left before the letter "R" because otherwise the song title stops at "You Can't Al." By placing a blank space it enables the full title to be displayed, but it does not allow the item to be flush to the left with others. I am sorry for having omitted that.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Deepdale said:
No problem. There was something that I neglected to mention concerning the letter placement. A blank space was left before the letter "R" because otherwise the song title stops at "You Can't Al." By placing a blank space it enables the full title to be displayed, but it does not allow the item to be flush to the left with others. I am sorry for having omitted that.
Hmmm, now that's strange. What happens if you remove it from your library and import it again? It may not make any difference, but it's just a thought.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
dsharits said:
Hmmm, now that's strange. What happens if you remove it from your library and import it again? It may not make any difference, but it's just a thought.

Out of 1,903 total songs in the music library, this has affected 14 items. I have deleted the songs in question and reimported them only to be left with the same problem. This does seem to be quite the oddball situation.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Deepdale said:
Out of 1,903 total songs in the music library, this has affected 14 items. I have deleted the songs in question and reimported them only to be left with the same problem. This does seem to be quite the oddball situation.
Wow, that's really weird. Have you tried deleting all of the song info and manually entering it?

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
dsharits said:
Wow, that's really weird. Have you tried deleting all of the song info and manually entering it?

I just repeated that twice ... status quo still rules. :(

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Wow, I don't even know where to go next. It may be just a bug with that version of iTunes. Do you notice any common traits with the songs that have that problem?

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2005
New York
dsharits said:
Do you notice any common traits with the songs that have that problem?

Every song in iTunes has been imported using the MP3 encoder, half at 160 kbps, balance at 192 kbps. There is no obvious pattern that seems to make those unruly 14 march to a different drummer. I do thank you for the good points you raised in responding to my post.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Deepdale said:
Every song in iTunes has been imported using the MP3 encoder, half at 160 kbps, balance at 192 kbps. There is no obvious pattern that seems to make those unruly 14 march to a different drummer. I do thank you for the good points you raised in responding to my post.
You're very welcome, I wish I could have helped you solve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.