Very old EVEREX laser printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Erendiox, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Oct 15, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    I have a rather old EVEREX laser printer that I used to use with my ancient performa 6200CD, which is also around 10 years old :eek: :cool: . I can use the performa get it to print, but it would be ideal to get it working with my new ibook. Problem is the company that made the printer, Abaton, no longer exists! :rolleyes: That kinda makes it hard to find drivers. I could probably pull the original driver off the performa using floppy disks but im not exactly sure what to look for and where to look for it. The performa ran OS 8 so the location of the nessisary system files is eluding me. Even if I get the proper files off the performa, will Classic on my ibook run the printer driver? I was under the impression that OS 9 was'nt really such a huge jump from OS 8 (as opposed to OS 9 to OS X) so im hoping it will work fine. Also, do you guys think there would be any problems hooking it up to my APExpress for wireless printing? (im using a serial to usb converter).

Thanks in advance for any help! ;)
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Just try plugging it into the iBook and using the Printer Setup Assistant to add it. I did that with an old Brother laser printer and it worked. :eek: