Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
I have a very quick question about ibook batteries. I just ordered the new G4 ibook. I want a second battery and I have found some apple batteries "Model #: A1008 LI-ION 10.8V" I am betting these are batteries for G3 ibooks but will they be compatible with my new G4 and are there any differences between the G3 and G4 batteries?

jfw

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2003
The original battery in my G3 iBook is a model M8403 10.8V battery. However, Apple no longer sells that part number, and claims (correctly, as I've found) that the modern A1061 works fine in a G3 iBook. Now, whether an old iBook battery will work in a new iBook I don't have any way to judge (since my wife's new G4 iBook is a 14" and my G3 is a 12"). However, I strongly suspect that the only difference is whether the plastic is brilliant white or antique white (or whatever they called the color of the older iBooks).

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Okay so I need a 10.8V battery and model number A1061 is what I need but it is expensive and I need to find out if A1008 is compatable. Does anyone out there know?

Thanks for your help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.