Very sick, but very funny

Discussion in 'Community' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

My brother sent this to me as an e-mail attachment. Warning: if you like cats, you might not want to watch it.

(851kb .wmv file)

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

3. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Damn I was about to say, an 851 mb wmv file???

But its kb. I like cats and I found it funny (its not real, so no one should be upset by this) :)

4. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

This has been around a while. There's another one where the car defends itself from bombarding pigeons, which isn't as harsh. Ford claims that the ad agency came up with this concept and Ford rejected it, so the clip was never intended to see public audience. But plenty of people have wondered if it's an underground attempt at marketing.

I'm especially impressed that you can see the head dropping into the car inside. :p

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that's just not right

and its a real ad on tv?!?!

D

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

7. real_murray macrumors member

8. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

saw the pigeon one a while back, and my sister mentioned the cat one, very funny.

I love the way it's back paws scrabble....

Still, great advertising, shame it's a crap Ka.

9. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Um... that looks like my cat. Better check to make sure...

10. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That reminds me of the TV commercials for Windex. The bird flies into a window, in that case its only injured. Really sad for the bird in this case.

12. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

No, those were only concept ads. There was a huge stink made about it when the viral marketing on these ads were at its peak, and Ford denied that it was ever going to use them.

Yeah, they're sick, but I also think they're hilarious. :D

13. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sorry, I just blindly copied what the file said without really thinking about it. Corrected now.

On the cat one...I didn't notice this until I watched it full-screen, but watch the cat hit the side-view mirror and flip over on its way to hitting the ground. A masterfully sick little "extra touch". :D

LOL!

14. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

This is just standard viral marketing isn't it..and it's worked perfectly! Let an amusing advert "accidentally" slip, people who see it think its amusing and send it to all their friends - costing Ford nothing and getting the public to do the advertising for them.

I went to a presentation by the boss of Mazda Europe and he talked about Viral marketing and how great it was for the company, as it's very low cost and they can get away with a lot more than they can on tv - as there are pretty much no regulations limiting what they can show. He said there are three things a viral campaign can contain to be successful - sex, violence or humour. And viral ad's target the younger generation specifically. These Ford ones seem pretty successful.

Apparantly Ford are launching Fiesta viral ad's and Jaguar are launching X-Type ones so expect to see these soon..