Very strange..All New Apple Displays...GONE!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by t300, Aug 27, 2004.

1. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

So last week I ended up at CompUSA about 3 or 4 times, all searching for Apple stuff in the Apple section. Well, each time how could I resist stopping and admiring the brand new Apple displays that were set up with the G5's, some spanning with older displays. There were 6 in all, three 20'' and three 23''. Well, great, fine, and dandy. They are beautiful. Well, yesterday I went back to get an Airport Express and what did I find? Well, it was more like what DIDN'T I find..All of the new displays were gone! Now, I don't know if they were sent back or what. Anyone know anything about possibly a silent recall? Or perhaps it was just that in the three days between I was there they sold out all of them plus the floor models? The latter seems unlikely, although not impossible. Any ideas?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I was just at my local Apple Store. Displays were everywhere.

3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Same thing at the Fry's Electronics store here.

4. NCTRNL macrumors regular

I wish there was a store around here that had them so I could see them...

5. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

6. asa_nisi_masa macrumors newbie

Well, at least at my CompUSA, the Apple section is undergoing much needed renovation this week. It's actually a very good week for Apple at this particular CompUSA, seeing as I've just been hired as the Mac technician...

So maybe your store is doing the same thing?

7. ezkimo macrumors regular

Possibly making room for new things....liiiiike...iMacs

8. t300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

t300

Oh yeah! It's just weird..They have the "old" displays out now instead of the new ones...

9. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

so you're saying the new displays are going to be used with the much cheaper headless iMac, right? And that they're releasing a low priced 17" screen as well? Sweet, post some pics!

10. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

They were probably smart and sold them at a discount to make space for iMacs;)

11. ezkimo macrumors regular

Exactly! :rolleyes:

12. NCTRNL macrumors regular

I went to CompUSA tonight and they have the new 20" on display and the 23" in boxes but not on display. If I bought one, it would be the 23"