Very Strange Macbook hibernate problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Khurram, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Khurram macrumors 6502

Hey guys
    so I have my macbook set to go into hibernate when I close the lid, however recently sometimes when I close the lid it does not hibernate. I dont realize that it hasn't hibernated until I open the lid next and the computer feels very hot at that time and the screen is blank. I have to do a forced shutdown by holding down the power button until it restarts.

it's starting to worry me mostly because the computer is so hot when I re open the lid and my battery is drained because it was still on apparently.
    Any ideas on what could be going on?
    thanks in advance

2. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I had this problem with mine a couple of months ago. I had to send it in to Apple for repair, and ultimately was stuck without my computer for roughly a month, for a logic board replacement. Here's the video I made, at the time, of the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUr0hgQK9s

Try pressing around the edges to see if you can make it sleep.

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Used to happen to me on my Compaq. With it, what I would do is either go to sleep before I close the lid, or close it slowly enough that I can see if it is going to sleep (it would sleep when it still had two inches to go before it closed).