Very, very impressive - Thankyou.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by XIII, Jan 10, 2006.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Hi there.

I just wanted to be the first to thank arn and the MR team for all the hard work that must have gone into today's live updates. Everything was executed perfectly, and I had a good, constant stream of updates. The 60 seconds then adding to the news, instead of full refresh worked very well, and the IRC was very fast.

I really feel it was perfectly done, and I think I will contribute now - to keep stuff like this happening, and to say thanks for how well done it was.

Thanks, and keep it up!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Ditto.

This is the next best thing to actually being there or watching a streaming Keynote.

Thanks to all involved! The webcast went without a hitch, and it was very timely and detailed.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

we went crazy man! all with the help of MR - good job guys

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Congratulations from me, too. It worked perfectly and was the most up-to-date from the news sites, I was watching. In fact, it was this much better, that I quit the other sites and watched only MR's. Thanks a lot!

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Agree. Great work. Much better than the past--I just let the tab sit there! It was great!

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Thanks to all responsible. It was the most up-to-date Stevenote play by play on the web!

7. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I intended to post a thank you post to Macrumors but haven't been able to get on until now! :p :eek:

Best Keynote coverage for the best keynote, ever! Well done Macrumors and thank you! :)

8. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

9. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

We sure did. :p Changed that sig yet? ;)

10. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Yeah it worked a treat. Thanks arn and the moderators and everyone else involved.:cool:

11. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

Totally an amazing job, so easy and so simple. Bravo bravo!!!!! :cool:

12. war macrumors member

By far the best mac keynote coverage I have ever seen. No constant page refreshing. No "page will update every three minutes" even though they never do. I just let the page update every minutes like it was supposed to. It was actually weird to get coverage without some sort of connection failure. Thanks so much.

13. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Yes, it went very smoothly...you'd have never known that so many people were hitting the server at once. It refreshed on a timely basis with no errors for me. Thanks MR!

14. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Well done and thanks very much! I tried to stay up till 4am to get all the news live, but I was zonked and flaked it around 3. But it didn't matter, because it was all waiting for me on MR when I woke up. :)

Thanks again!

15. cjc343 macrumors 6502

I only read the transcript afterwards, followed by watching the keynote once it was online.

I knew I was not going to be able to be around a computer during the keynote, but I sooo wanted updates, which leads to my suggestion:

How about SMS updates? Is this at all feasible for 'next time'? I'd really like to be able to receive a bunch of text messages on my cell phone detailing what's happening during the keynote if I can't be at my computer to read about it...

16. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

It was awesome!! My experience was absolutely perfect. Except when I counted down the full 60 seconds and then there was not an update. :eek: :D

17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nice idea but how would they be funded?

18. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

We actually did provide SMS updates to contributors this time around.

arn

19. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Wow, I didn't realise that was part of the package.

20. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

It's not an advertised part of the package, but we had the capability this time, and thought it would be a nice perk for contributors.

The thing contributing does get you is removal of most ads on the front page and top of forums.

arn

21. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Echoing what everyone else is saying, you guys did an awesome job covering the keynote. :D

22. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

100% Agree

This was the best coverage the MR has ever had in my experience, and I've been reading MR from almost the beginning. The improvements MR has made over the last several big Apple events are awesome.

Really great work Arn and Co. After much complaining by many around here, you've earned praise.

23. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    And darned good it was too :D

I did also find that the reduced front page loaded very quickly on my phone too though.

24. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

An obligatory "Thank You" and "Congratulations" for a job very well done.

Also, a little bump to arn's ego: I was also trying to follow the engadget "feed" but right as the keynote was about to begin, the page went down. Very down. It didn't come back for quite a while.

Great work!