VF5 coming to 360! (Ps3 loses ANOTHER exclusive)

Discussion in 'Games' started by zero2dash, Dec 21, 2006.

1. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/21/virtua-fighter-5-smacks-ps3-heads-to-360/

This is amazing; man I am so excited. :eek:
    VF5 was the only reason I was even considering a Ps3...now I don't have to anymore.

I just hope to god they put in online play. Maybe that's what the 4 month wait will bring us 360 owners?

Man oh man...either way...even without online play...I'm definitely picking this up. I can't wait!!!!! :D
    And if they throw in online play as well (Ps3 won't have it)...wow.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

That's rough for Sony.

I watched VF5 a bit in Osaka while I was there. Looks great. My friend played and was being extremely lame/cheap because he thought he was laming a computer. He didn't realize that the Japanese fellow on the other side of the machine was beginning to get fed up. He was like 'Oh Hell, are you serious?'

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

VF never did it for me, but it's crazy watching all these exclusives not being exclusive any more.

4. zero2dash thread starter macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'm just glad as an Xbox/360 owner, I finally get a chance to play a fighting game that is deep. Soul Calibur doesn't do it for me..it's fun but I get bored with the mashing. Dead or Alive...looks pretty but there's only so much jiggling before you get sick of the crappy gameplay. No Tekken but I don't really consider Tekken to involve a lot of skilled gameplay either. (That's not to say that there aren't skilled players out there because I play fighting games with a few Tekken pros here in the US, but largely - Tekken isn't deep either.)

Finally...I get a VF game to satisfy my craving. VF4:Evo on the Ps2 was awesome...I can't wait to finally get to play VF5.

5. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Woah.

This is HUGE news for Xbox 360.

It may not seem that way to a lot of people, but VF is an extremely huge franchise in Japan. To have 360 get this title is a big BIG deal for Microsoft Japan.

I'm glad too, because I have a 360 which made it pretty pointless to dump money on PS3 hardware. One less thing I'm missing and didn't want to.

Again, I'm not sure we realize what a big deal this is for 360, specifically in Japan. Sega has been nice to Xbox in the past, but VF has stayed PS exclusive since the DC died.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

FAN BLOODY TASTIC..

Seriously great news. I knew sega wouldnt forsake me ;) :D

Bad news for sony, great news for xbox beat em up fans.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

IGN reporting it too

What are we betting there will be bonus extras in the 360 version just to rub salt into the wound.

8. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I was just looking up this title earlier this week. Awesome!

They still need to add someone that does Aikido if you ask me...

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Soon the only exclusive the PS3 will have will be on the name "PS3".