Vice President Cheney taken to hospital

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by wdlove, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Vice President Dick Cheney has been taken to George Washington University for tests because of complaints of shortness of breath. The White House insisted on the hospital visit related to his history of heart problems.

This is not at all political, he is our Vice President. My prayers are with him and his family for a speedy recovery. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/13/cheney/index.html

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

But you can bet it won't stay that way for long...

3. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

My prayers are that it won't happen. This kind of occasion rises above that. No matter your view he deserves our respect. I felt concern also for Bill Clinton. All we should want is a speedy recovery.

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

This news is like new powerbook rumors, happens every day.

5. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

hahahahaha

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Um, no. I have no respect for him as a person or a public "servant." I think he is despicable as both a leader and a human being, and I have not the least sympathy or concern for his well being.

7. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

I second that opinion. I understand where you are coming from with this "in times of crisis, we must pull together" stuff, but I have nothing but contempt for mr cheney and his cohorts.

8. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I sincerely feel sorry for a comment made like that. My prayers are with you.

Thankfully my quick prayer was answered. He has been release from the hospital, he is OK :)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/13/cheney/index.html

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Your "prayers" are all over the place. Why would you pray for how someone else feels about something anyway? :confused: :rolleyes:

His being released from hospital probably has more to do with the doctors than any prayer said by anyone :rolleyes:.

10. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

I hope he dies! :D

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Where were the prayers for Arafat? Suffering by any person is sad.

12. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

Arafat was in my prayers just the same as Bill Clinton. I realize that no one else can really understand. There have actually been research studies done on prayer and it did show positive effects of patients having surgery.

13. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

No offense wdlove, because I really like you, but I don't want your prayers. I firmly believe that my position is the one that reflects what is right and that you are the one who is misguided in this particular instance.

I hope you don't take my comments in the wrong way because I know that you mean well by your position, but I'd just as soon not have you pray for me to gain your "understanding."

15. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

All people suffer, it's just a matter of how long and how deep and what you make of it.

I totally believe that the Palestinian people have been raped by the world, but I don't believe Arafat helped his people, when you consider the larger context. Stonewalling from a position of weakness doesn't accomplish anything. In a conflict this old and intense you can't neutralize everything that has come before in one giant step. Although I believe that Arafat had a lot of courage for his people, I don't think he was very smart in the way he tried to accomplish his/their goals. MO.

16. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I couldn't agree more. This guy scares me. I think Bush choose him as V.P. because he knew nobody in their right mind would take him (Bush) out and leave Chaney as president. What a corrupt bunch. The most closed administration since ...?

17. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

WTF does that have to do with anything. Go pray for yourself.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Since there's already a thread about this down here, can this one be wastelanded? It seems like it was headed that way anyhow.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I guess it's safe to joke about it now. He's been discharged.

Dishonorably.

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'm glad he's feeling better and I don't wish poor health on anyone (almost). However, I at the same time have no respect for him and think him to be morally depraved. I think that it's not contradictory to have compassion for someone's welfare but also lack any scrap of respect for him as a human being.

I guess this is just more reason that he shouldn't be veep, right? I almost think that this incident was contrived. They want to make it look like Cheney has escalating health problems to justify ousting him. There's also a rumor floating about that he only has two and a half years left...Maybe another White House rumor to build the case? I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but this isn't all that big of a conspiracy--more of just spin.

Perhaps they've finally realized that Jeb will not be viable in 2008 (or 2800) and that it would be best to slide someone into the post who could win. Or maybe Bush will be utterly insane and put his brother in the veep position.

I guess we'll see. Every time one of these rumors comes out, I doubt more and more that Cheney will be retained.

My thoughts are with his family and I hope he has a long and healthy life ahead of him...I'd just prefer it to be in retirement from public life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.