Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rican, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

rican

Meet up's... Who's going?

2. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

might be going if they say anything close to them having the white iphone in 32gb at launch..... i can hope... if so ill be showing up asap :p

3. macrumors regular

I have mine reserved to pick up so I will be there early Thursday morning. I luckily got through with the iphone App Store. By the way did Victoria Gardens change there policy on the time people can start lining up? Last time for 3G they wouldn't let anyone line up until 6am so it was kind of a mad rush for the line to form.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

Not sure, but I am assuming they will allow it this year... ipad people were allowed to line up.

5. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

yeah i was unfortunate to have waited at an at&t store for the 3g launch, and ended up being turned away because of there stupid policy... SO i drove to this victoria gardens location got there by about 8 and was all the way by the food court.... LOOOONG line... (still hoping for a white one :) )

6. macrumors newbie

I wonder if they will have all the colors of bumpers in stock? If so, ima stop by to pick one up

7. macrumors regular

What time are you guys getting there?

8. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

wondering what time to get there, heard last year they didnt allow people to line up till 6am :( pretty lame... ... hopefully they have something better this year with people that decide to line up early EARLY morning :p

9. macrumors regular

man we're in the same city hahaha

10. macrumors regular

Yeah I'll probably call early next week to see if they know how there doing it. Im thinking of leaving my place no later then 430.

11. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

lulz , calimesa? whenever i tell people i chat with that im from calimesa, they think its on the mexico border for some reason ... im like wtf?

12. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

let us know what they say :-D

13. macrumors regular

All the activity in this thread makes me happy that I decided to not go to this store. ha.;)

14. macrumors regular

yup, thats why i usually tell people beaumont its more popular i guess haha. most the time i tell em calimesa, they think its in OC or San Diego or the ask me Costa Mesa lol

15. macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

yup haha, someone feels my pain.

i think i have decided im going to be going to temecula apple store.. it's 3 times bigger, and they should have plenty stock :) good luck those who venture to victoria gardens

16. macrumors regular

i pre-ordered late so i'll be waiting til next month blah

17. macrumors regular

So I just called the Apple Store and they said that there should be two lines for the reserve and walk in. They also said they don't know what time they are gonna allow people to start lining up. Though the mall doesn't allow camping out. So I'm gonna guess 6am like it was for the 3g.

18. macrumors newbie

Vicky Gardens is a BUSY PLACE!!!

I went to this store (Victoria Gardens) at closing and there was 100 people in that store... I could NOT imagine what it will look like on launch day! Since Victoria Gardens did NOT get my preorder (it is lost in outerspace somewhere :mad:) I decided to go to the Moreno Valley AT&T- FYI Beaumont and Calimesa folks! Spoke to the manager who said that arriving early, early morning is a good time and that they will have armed security in the parking lot... so I feel pretty safe since this by far is THE CRAZIEST THING I've ever did for an APPLE PRODUCT!!!!

19. macrumors newbie

Has anyone confirmed what time the mall will allow pople to line up? I want to get there like at 6. But if they can start earlier then I'll get there at 5:30. I already have my iPhone 4 reserved.

When I wanted to pick up my iPhone 2g on launch day I got there 30 minutes early and already there was a line of about 50 people. I hope I get a better spot this time.

20. macrumors newbie

I just called Victoria Gardens guest services and they said 6 is the earliest. And that it's up to security if they allow anything before that.

21. macrumors member

tigerphilosophy

Strategy - cannot run - recent foot operation

I am one of those who could not get through to order on the 15th so I hope I can get an extra phone in the non-preorder line.

So, anyone have any ideas for getting into Victoria Gardens? :confused: I asked security yesterday about their policy and they said they would be turning away anyone walking / driving in before 6am. I asked them if they had an orderly plan to reasonably handle the mass of people crossing the property line all at once, and the head of security that there is no written policy. The general consensus is that no one is allowed to be on the property (including surrounding parking lots) before 6 am.

The bad news is that I am alone and I have a recent foot operation and cannot walk fast :(. With everyone cruising around and testing the time limit to see when they will be challenged to leave versus when security finally capitulates... Will this be a mad rush for 300 cars to park? :eek:

22. macrumors member

I plan on being there at 5am.

23. macrumors newbie

I'm hittin Vic. Gardens @ 5 just in case. Thanks for the info.

24. macrumors newbie

5 sounds like a good time to get there. I'll see you guys there.

25. macrumors newbie

I am glad I pre ordered mine, it arrived this afternoon. have fun in the line!