video buisness ideas

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by virus1, Feb 21, 2006.

1. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

i was thinking about starting a small home buisness based on video. i thought about a few options, and i came up with a plan to make certain videos for small buisnesses. i would make:

-product introducion videos
    -company introduction videos
    -product demo videos
    -employee training videos
    -advertisments

what steps have to be made to start a buisness? are there any other additions to that list that could work?

2. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

question 1 would be where do u live? alot of corps around that would demand such a thing?

Also do you have experience in Camera, Editing, Lighting, Technology (slide shows and etc.)

3. virus1 thread starter macrumors 65816

virus1

1. middle of silicon valley. so tons of small buisnesses who would be perfect

2. yup. i just need a solid plan before i spend a ton on lights and a good camera.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I would suggest hitting the forums over at these sites and doing some searching and reading.
    dvinfo.net (especially the "taking care of business" forum near the bottom)
    creativecow.net
    2-pop.com

Also hit up your local library and/or bookstore and read up on starting a small business. And like illegalprelude said your location (and the saturation of your market) makes a huge difference. If you are the only person in your area offering to make training videos you might have a niche to build on. But if there are 5 other companies already making training videos how will you convince clients to go w/the new go as opposed to someone more established?

Lethal