Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Hi.

Look, I'm selling my MiroDC 30+ video card, I want to get another card that works with firewire. The best option I see in the market is the Hollywood DV-Bridge.
http://www.dazzle.com/products/hw_bridge.html

That one is around $300. Now, is there any other video capture device with the same features in a lower price?

I do not know anything about the quality of the Hollywood DV-bridge. What I'm gonna do is capturing from th VHS, editing stuff and send them back to the VHS. I'm a semi-pro in that (not for broadcast things, just corporate at most).

If you have information about the Hollywood DV-Bridge tell me or if you know about a better/ cheaper option.

Thanx.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I've got the DV bridge and I like it so far (only had it a few weeks). You can find it on line for $240 plus shipping. But I'd go with the Canopus ADC. It's still closer to $300 but it can handle locked audio, and it's got better cable management than the DV Bridge. There is no way to keep the DV Bridge from being cluttered. The reason I went w/the Bridge was 'cause it was cheaper (I was on a very tight budget) and it doesn't read Macrovision.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.