Video Capture program for movie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nateko, Jul 7, 2005.

1. nateko macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2004
    Here's what I'm trying to do. I have filmed about 12 games of my 3 nephews basketball seasons and I want to make a highlite film for them. No big deal so far... To add some extra "wow" to it, I also want to splice in some video from their favorite movie "Hoosiers". Now, I'm not looking to copy the whole movie, I'm just looking to insert a few short scenes into the overall highlite film. From what I read this is not breaking any laws. Anyway the one program that always comes up in searches is Ambrosia Software's Snapz Pro X 2. I have used a trial version and thought it did a great job. What I'm wondering is if there are any cheaper programs out there or even freeware that are capable of doing what I described above?

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2005
    dvd? copy the entire dvd to your harddrive via a program like Handbrake or something similiar and then splice out your favorite parts, discard the movie when done with it. you then have full quality copies of those. i believe snapz pro simply captures video that is playing on the screen. not what you want really. these other apps are free btw. then import those sequences into like imovie or whatever you're using.