video capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trainguy77, Aug 28, 2005.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Does anyone know of a program that can capture video from your screen(a game) it also needs to have a good FPS. I would like one that is free!

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

will snapz pro x capture video from a game? i've had good results with that for other stuff.
    edit: as far as free....snapz pro x isn't free unless you want it to be. ;) :( :eek:

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Snapz Pro is teh s3x. Amazing app. However, I'm not sure it works during stuff like games and stuff. I'm not sure you can do that on any OS that leaves the native graphics engine, in fact

4. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

I tried using it and: it ran fine no errors until I ended the capture. I went to the folder where it was too put it, nothing. I tried pressing the hot keys it did not come up, I tried opening the app again, nothing, I quit the process then reentered it, I got a error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it gets stuck half way through the install. So that does not seem to work.

5. macvac macrumors newbie

macvac

Video games

you could use a scan converter.Or if the game allows recording and playback you could run it to a camcorder

6. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

I don't have a video camera. What is a scan converter?

7. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If you have Mac with S-video out, you can plug your TV into that and use it as your monitor and record with a VCR or camcorder. I've done this before with my Powerbook.

8. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

I have a emac so that would not work.

by the way, thanks for the help!