Video Capturing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickgoldman, Mar 19, 2005.

1. nickgoldman macrumors member

Dec 2, 2004
    I am doing some filming and will be using a jib I don't have access to a monitor for tomorrow so iwas plannnig to use a prgoram to put on my powerbook to use firewire to monitor the video can anybody suggess me an app that would do this. Preferably full screen
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    iMovie, if it reconnizes the camera, you can even record what is being seen. As for full screen, let me get my iSite out and see if I can watch myself at full screen.

EDIT: Full screen with iMovie, no.
  3. nickgoldman thread starter macrumors member

Dec 2, 2004
    that is what I was proably going to used then I will have to export all the footage to final cut pro
  4. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    Try this:

Also look around some more on VersionTracker, there's probably some other stuff on there. And check out the sample code on the Apple dev site (

I think most of the downloads include compiled apps as well as the source code. There's gotta be SOMETHING out there that works.
  5. nickgoldman thread starter macrumors member

Dec 2, 2004
    Thanks For All Your Help They worked perefectly we had a long firwire cable going up to the camera and the powerbook the base of the dolly
    at an angle
    Thanks Nick