Video Card Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TOMIMOT, Jun 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

So I decided I wanted to build a gaming rig, got tired of console gaming. I recently bought all the parts I need to build my gaming rig but I'm having a hard time settling on a video card. My options are Asus Geforce GTX 780, GTX 680, or the GTX 770. Ive been reading alot of forums and reviews and their are minor differences between the 3 as to performance and gaming. The 780 is only a 20% increase in performance from what ive been getting from forums and reviews and it wouldnt hurt to save a couple hundred dollars. So my question is, should I purchase the 780 for the few extra frames id be getting? or save a couple hundred and go for either the 770 or 680? I also want to include that I want to be future proof for the next 2 years without upgrading.

Sorry I know this is an Apple thread and I'm not sure if questions like these that regard PC builds is frowned upon but thought id give it a shot anyway and see what kind of feedback id get anyway. Much appreciated.

2. macrumors 68000

B...

nVidia not Asus, right?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

nVidia and Asus make the same card just minor cooling differences

4. macrumors 68000

B...

770. It is an overclock of the 670, bringing it very close to 680 levels. And cheaper than 780.