video card dead

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by helmsc, Jun 6, 2006.

1. helmsc macrumors regular

I have a PowerMac G4 dual 876 (mirrored drive doors) with the nvidia geforce4 ti4600. It has gone out. Can someone tell me where to get another one or one that has ADC and DVI outputs? I have an ADC screen at home and a VGA scrren at work. So I need both since I am looking to upgrade my work screen to a DVI LCD. Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

eBay might be your best bet. Failing that your local Apple Store or Authorised Service Centre might be able to order another one for you...

3. helmsc thread starter macrumors regular

That's funny where I live. It's an hour drive just to the NEAREST shopping mall.

OK ... you are too good. There is one on ebay now. Posted about two hours ago. Any chance it is yours?

4. RGunner macrumors 6502a

RGunner

not a lot of options..

if out of warranty, I would can the Ti replacement idea and buy an ATI 9600, or 9800 from Amazon.

alternatively, and my choice, would be to order a ATI 9600 from OWC (they have G5 models which are modified to work perfectly in a MDD PowerMac (your model). This is ~ $70USD.

www.macsales.com

An ATI 9600 support core image also (more graphics effects) than your Ti card. A 9800 card would be a great upgrade to what you have. (more expensive tho).