Video card drivers for the MBP... WHATS NEW?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by erkanasu, Jul 17, 2006.

1. erkanasu macrumors 6502

Are there any updated videocard drivers or software that increases performance since the orginal release of bootcamp 1.0? Thanks

2. iCeQuBe macrumors regular

Bootcamp 1.0.1 has an updated ATI driver.

Edit - You can also try Omega's radeon drive which can be found http://www.omegadrivers.net/

3. Hydra macrumors regular

Hydra

So what are the corresponding driver versions on each?

And how to update? As the bootcamp assistant wants to mess up with the partitions before it goes burning a cd, I wouldn't want to destroy my current WXP installion.

And do the omega drivers really work?

4. iCeQuBe macrumors regular

You don't need to touch the partitions with Boot Camp to burn a driver disc you can just burn the disc then boot into windows and insert the disc and run the installer which will overwrite the current drivers. The omega driver works as well but I have not had any problems with the bootcamp driver.

5. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

what do these new drivers do?? or what problems do they fix??

6. iCeQuBe macrumors regular

Well the only difference I noticed was that the new drivers actually reported the correct amount of Video RAM for my card. Which is 256. I had no problems playing any games or running any benchmarks but people have said that the new drivers are more optimized which would give you better frame rates in games. Other than that i am not sure if there is any real benifit to upgrading.