video card drivers

Discussion in 'iMac' started by juddawg, Oct 16, 2006.

1. juddawg macrumors newbie

May 15, 2006
    Ok label me a mac newbie, but I have my new 24" iMac, and I can't figure out how to update or tweak the drivers for the 7600 GT card on here. Normally on the PC side you can control anti-aliasing, AF, etc., but I cannot find these controls anywhere on here.

I checked out Nvidia's site and cannot find a download for the mac. My old mac I had an ATI card which had it's own little control panel applet.

Any ideas? :confused:
  2. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    There are no user-controllable video card drivers that come with the Mac. Generally one has to download the drivers in order to do what you want. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like nVidia (or Apple) has provided said drivers for download/update.
  3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Jan 5, 2006
    Redondo Beach, California
    Welcome. The answer is "You don't have to fiddle. It just works"
    How to update the drivers. Software Update will do this automatically. You should nevr have to find a driver or anything else on some web site.

If you like messing with this kind of stuff get "Boot Camp" and install Linux on a second pertition or drive.
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    There are, however, a couple of OS level features. In System Preferences, you can adjust the extent of text anti-aliasing. Also in the displays tab is the display calibration. You should absolutely do that. Cheers! :)