Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
So I'm about ready to upgrade the video card in my ~1.25 year old Dual 1.8GHZ PowerMac G5. Any recommendations? I won't be doing a whole lot of gaming, but would like something decent. Right now I believe it has a GeForce FX of some sort with 64MB's of memory. Whatever the standard was in September 2004.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
aviationwiz said:
So I'm about ready to upgrade the video card in my ~1.25 year old Dual 1.8GHZ PowerMac G5. Any recommendations? I won't be doing a whole lot of gaming, but would like something decent. Right now I believe it has a GeForce FX of some sort with 64MB's of memory. Whatever the standard was in September 2004.

Upgraded my dual 1.8 (Jan 2004) from the Radeon 9600 64mb to Ati X800 XT and haven't regretted it. Ok it's expensive, I think it cost me around 450-500 Euro but the difference it made to apps like Motion is worth it...

Aperture likes a decent graphics card too, and as they shift more apps to use the power of the gfx card it's worth going for the best you can afford...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.