video card in 12" PB

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by estidog, Sep 4, 2003.

1. estidog macrumors newbie

i read a review in mac world magazine and it said the pb video card is a little weak.
    would it be able to handle the most intensive mac games out there? say medal of honour? and future games?
    and does anyone know a good website that you can buy mac games from? my local shops dont stock mac games.

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I believe that it uses the 16 mb version of the Radeon 7500, ie half the memory as the same graphics chip in my 667 dvi powerbook. My powerbook plays graphics intensive games at an acceptable level with mid to low detail settings. As for having half the memory and a G3 processor...I would guess that the performance would be worse, perhaps even unplayable. But, the only way to see is to test it out.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The GeForce 4 Go 420 in the 12 inch and the 440 in the 17 inch are somewhat weak but you should be able to get decent play out of them--just not outstanding.

4. Bear macrumors G3

5. stevil macrumors newbie

I play Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 on my 12" powerbook w/ 256MB RAM at 1024x768 resolution. It's pretty decent. I have no comment on any other games - cause I just got the PB and the game last week!

-stevil

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't get a mac, particularly a 12"PB for gaming. You won't be happy. If you aren't going to primarily be gaming then don't worry, it will run things acceptably.