Video Chat

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macbookpro10, Jul 1, 2006.

1. macbookpro10 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I am having a big problem with video chat. On the box it looks so cool how ichat can video conference with other people, but with firewall constraints and such it is so difficult.

I have a macbook pro and my friend has a macbook and both ichat and we can never connect. We are behind a campus firewall. I really want to use this feature but it has to be so complicated.

I am using iChat with AIM screenname to connect through video. Do you guys know a easy, without unblocking ports, to use the isight video conference feature. I would appreciate all the help and responses. Thanks!

2. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

just go to her room. its better to do the real thing, however, i wouldnt go without the firewall. ;)

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Unfortunately if your unversity blocks those ports, theres little you can do. Try contacting them to see why they're blocking a legitimate use of their network. Say you want to talk to you parents and they're mad, that will get you further than trying to talk to your friend :p

4. macbookpro10 thread starter macrumors newbie

eh no. because even when im not on the campus network, ususally everyone today has a firewall. i cannot tell them all to got to 194.168.1.1 to block the ports. what a pain. does anyone have any suggestions? is there a separate program i can download?