Video Chatting with Multiple people and PCs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thenewguy, Feb 15, 2007.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2006
    Hey guys,

So I recently started video chatting with a friend who has a Mac as well. we both use iChat and everything works great. I wanted to include a friend who has a PC and I'm wondering - what is the easiest way to video chat between mac and PC? Does the PC user just need AIM and it will work like normal? anything special they need to do?

Will a PC user be able to participate in a multiple-person video chat, like a video conference call?

I thought I saw something once where a Mac was doing a conference call with three other users and it created a trifold illusion on a black background - was that just a leapord preview, or is it in practice now? how is that initiated?

Thanks all
  2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    The trifold effect you talk of is Mac only as far as I'm aware. There MAY be a way of using the iChat protocols on a PC, but I'm not sure...
  3. thenewguy thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2006
    how do you use that trifold thing? does it just happen automatically in ichat when you have multiple callers?
  4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    The MacGuide has more information on this, but I'm not sure it covers exactly what you want.