Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strangelove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
My question is just whether the video content from iTunes is worth watching just on the computer, not on an iPod. I ask because I downloaded an "iPod" version of a movie trailer, and the quality was very low and pixelated when viewed full screen, is this what the other TV shows will look like?

Thanks.

DevilDog

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2005
Ohio
1st Season of Lost looks great on a 12" screen. And I can play it on my iPod. Plus, it's $15 dollars cheaper than DVD and you don't need the disc. I would include a photoshop, but I'm short PhotoShop right now. Anyone else have one?

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 82

DevilDog

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2005
Ohio
Nevermind. I guess it worked with iPhoto... Thats probably about a 4th of the screen. I had to trim it to meat size requirements.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
worth it

the video content for me is worth it...
...the quality is great for a version that is supposed to be on an ipod to begin with. I really can't tell much of a difference and it is definately cheaper than buying it new from bestbuy or something like that.
I also want to point out that you can let up to 5 computers use your itunes purchases...so, if you put these files on a cd (not sure if they will play in your dvd player if you make a video cd) and then load them up on someone else's computer, or you other computers, you can give them access to play these downloads. Which is a pretty nice feature.
Unless you're picky about having the actual physical box in hand, I would just download them. Or look for a used copy on amazon or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.