Video Converter for making my movies iPad ready?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by doobybiggs, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2012
    I have the 4th gen iPad so I should be able to play 1080p vids but apparently I am running into some troubles with them.

What is the best software out there to convert movies on? paid or free it does not matter ...

I have uploaded a picture of my conversion settings that still will not work.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

Dec 4, 2012
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2007
    Mpls Mn
    I only use Toast Titanium -
    Anytime I used Handbrake - sent conversion to iTunes - iTunes needed to convert it anyway before allowing to any device.

Never heard of Wondershare.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2012
    so toast titanium works great for converting movies to play on the ipad?
  5. macrumors regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Use Handbrake

Wondershare should work too. It looks like your version is unregistered though. Thats why its probably not working. Handbrake is free and great.
  6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2012
    ok I will try out handbrake first ...

Ya my wondershare is not registered yet, it is the free version so I could test it out. It seems really good, but I cannot control any conversion settings in the free version.
  7. macrumors G3

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I found I have fewer issues if I use the iPad preset. depending on the title I might flip it to the average bitrate 2500 setting which makes a bigger file but i like the quality on my screen. I also go into the picture settings and set the anamorphic to loose which retains the original frame size better