Video Converters

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Espnetboy3, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    Is there any converter software out there (demo or freeware) that will let me convert my avi to mpg so I can then burn it to play in a dvd player?
  2. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2004
    London, UK
  3. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    Wow ill give ffmpegX a shot. I never knew it was free for some reason I always thought you had to buy it.
  4. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2005
  5. geofcoulson macrumors newbie

May 10, 2003
    North East UK
    If you look at my thread about mpeg to video converter(next to this posting), I have had similar suggestions.
    I have now got ffmpegX to work, albiet every time I enter the programme I have to tell it where to find mpeg2enc.
    This is all quiet new to me also and it seems as tho someone could kindly write a step by step way of converting and burning.....I still have not found a suitable way of either mpeg or avi to convert to a VIDEO_TS file....perhaps I am just computer illiterate!!! but ffmpegX does give too many confusing I keep trying different conversions.....if I succeed, I will post back......BUT in the meantime would some kind soul PLEASE write a step by step instruction.....reading other posts, its obvious that there are a number of us thickies out here!!
    Geoff Coulson
  6. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    Actually that is a good idea geof. I havent used it yet but I did download it and launched the proggy and it looks pretty serious so that step by step would help.