Video Drivers

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by metzler000, Jan 29, 2004.

1. metzler000 macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2004
    I have a G4 with an ATI Radeon 9000 graphic card. I'm not sure whether this is original or not. ATI says the drivers for Panther are on the Panther installation CD, but I can't find them. Where do I look and how do I install the drivers if I find them. I have a picture on my monitor, but it is wavy. Where are the settings for the resolution, refresh, etc? Thanks.

2. metzler000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2004
    Nevermind. I found the settings and the wavy lines were because the refresh rate was too high. Where can I go to see what graphics card I have installed? I can't find that info.

3. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

Jul 31, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner and select 'About this Mac'. Then click the 'More info...' button on the dialog box that appears. This launches the System Profile app, and within that you can get a listing of all the installed hardware, including the graphics card. Here's the output in the graphics card section for the Radeon 9600 in my G5. Note it doesn't say 'Radeon 9600', but rather refers to the actual Radeon chip itself, which is the RV350. You may need to use Google to decipher the chip name into something more human friendly.

Type: display
    Bus: AGP
    Slot: SLOT-1
    VRAM (Total): 64 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x4150
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-A13601-126

Type: display
    Display Type: CRT
    VRAM (In Use): 64 MB
    Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 85 Hz