Video Editing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by charlyelamo, Oct 29, 2005.

1. charlyelamo macrumors newbie

I am pretty new to the mac world, but convinced that in a shot future a Mac will be in my life.
    Mac is perfect for all of my activities i realize with a computer. Though I have one which I haventfound a solution for.

I am a golf professional, and as my job requires, I do video swing analysis with the computer. Programs I have used are V1, and similars. Is there nothing similar for mac?? Macs are perfect for video solution (I curently hate my work laptop),

I someone has some idea about what I am talking about, please feel free to advie me.

Thanks in advance macrumors team!!:)

2. silverback66 macrumors regular

Could you describe what these other programs do so we could give you better information?

3. charlyelamo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure no problem.

V1 as for example, is a software program where you record your swing in ".avi" (I think). Later on, you can draw lines onto the screen, circles and other little tools to help you have a better look at your golf swing.

You could think about it as a paint with a video on the background where I can play around with it. Stop it, make it slow motion, draw line in any direction,...

(sorry for my explanation, but it's quite tough to describe)

4. carpe diem macrumors 6502

From your descriiption imovie nor FC will be good for you, I think you need something more specialized which i do not know about. Sorry.

5. charlyelamo thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Doozy macrumors regular

7. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Well i am sure there is an alternative for mac. Also i will ask my golf pro when see him soon.

8. charlyelamo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of your info, it sounds great.

This pen idea sounds pretty good, althogh as the review says, it is not easy to draw perfectly straight lines.
    I knew there had to be something for all of us golfers who love to use macs. If anybody comes uop with more suggestions, please feel free to add those here. They will be very helpful for my new equipment I am building