1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Video Editor for Leopard PowerPC

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by rjcalifornia, Dec 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

Hi Guys!

Can you help me out? I need a video editor better than iMovie that I can run under Leopard PowerPC

I don't like iMovie because I was editing a 720p video and every time I'm done with my video and I export it, it save it in a very low quality.

I research some but are weird, very weird.

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

We used to use Final Cut in school. You might want to look around for a copy of that, either Express or Pro.

3. macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

I couldn't find it. Or is there a setting in iMovie where I can fix the weird importing issue? When I import the video, there's a huge quality drop :(

4. macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I was able to install Final Cut Studio 3 on my Leopard G5, albeit with a little tweaking.

5. macrumors member

Check this one Mpeg StreamingClip:

http://www.squared5.com/

basically is more a video converter that a video editor but it can be really helpful if you work with iMovie with a Leopard PowerPC.
    Cheers

6. macrumors 6502

If you go into the Preferences menu of iMovie and click on the Video tab - select the import as: dropdown and change it to Full - Original size.

7. macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

Yeah, I'm using iMovie 6 HD, so there's not 'full-original'

----------

I don't have it and there's no way to get it.

I still don't understand how Microsoft is able to deliver a good movie maker which even if you encoded at low quality, it doesn't look as horrible as iMovie