Video File Read Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jen5678, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Jen5678 macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2004
    I am trying to burn a few video clips in DVD Studio Pro, I have done this once before but I can't remember how I did it.

I am trying to BUILD the VIDEO_TS folder so I can compress it to fit onto a 4.7 DVD. I keep getting a Video File Read Error.

Am I going about this the right way? Is there a way to compress it right in the DVDSP????? :confused:

Please Help

2. simie macrumors 6502a

Aug 26, 2004
    Here is a website with all the details that you require.

Click here now
  3. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2004

I read the link, I did what it said but I am still getting the

Video File Read Error

at the beggining of it muxing the first track, it gets through all the menus fine its just when it starts the track.

I am using DVD Studio Pro 3

4. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2004
    I'm sorry for being a pain but I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure this out. PLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEE any help would be appreciated.

5. dausone macrumors member

Sep 19, 2005
    Video File Read Error - cured!

So the problem for me was the original source video file made in FCP. It was a little squirrly as I had used pieces of old QT movie files that had transitions in it with other transitions applied under and over it...

Long story short here is how I trouble shooted since I had a DVDSP menu with many chapters, tracks, stories and many mpeg 2 files.

I made a new menu with only one track. Imported all my mpeg 2 files that were being used and tested them one by one by building a very small dvd project. Testing of all files led me to the exact mpeg 2 file that was creating the problems. I then went back into FCP, assesed the damage redoing the movie completely, reencoded with Compressor, imported into DVDSP and viola!

Its a drag but it sure beats starting over from scratch and thinking that you have to reencode every video again!! whew!!
  6. tomthemac macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2007

I was having the same problem recently. Turns out I had too many files on one track. Try splitting it in two. This solved the problem for me.