Video I created...please take a look

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacFan782040, Nov 20, 2006.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pkw0wMHMn8

I actually made this back in the summer, but I just got around to putting it on YouTube. It's of a summer program I help out with that raises money for cancer research. It was created 30 years ago, and includes about 50 people of all ages just trying to put on a singing/dancing show and all proceeds go to cancer. I run the audio, among other things.

This video was created to be projected while they sang it...it was supposed to show the "behind the scenes" of rehearsals, and also create a mood for the song, "Imagine".

Comments are welcome. Enjoy.

2. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

What was created 30 years ago, the fund raising program?

Nice video, but I really dont get what kids with guns, sceens of war and John Lenons 'Imagine' have to do with cancer.

Please don't misunderstand, I think its awesome what your doing I just dont get the connection.

3. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Yeah the fundraiser show was created 30 years ago. Well the whole idea with the world images is supposed to reflect what the song is about-- world peace and the emotional connections to that... It's like that stuff

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Hmm I really enjoyed it and the music fit well however the contrast between excuse me but "caucasian" and "african" or "african american" kids was a bit much for me. You went from dancing happy umm healthy to say, people to malnurished, war fighting children... It was just a bit to different for me.. a lot of contrast :( but other than that It was very well edited and the purpose i have to say deserves a thumbs up :):D

5. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

6. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

ugh too many fat white people tbqh--edit that out and it would be a lot better

Although it is a little bleeding heart and manipulative for my tastes.