Video iPod Dock

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jen5678, Oct 23, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

I was looking on the website and I don't know if I'm just blind or what but I didn't see if it said if the new iPod comes with a dock. If not will my old dock for the 3g iPod work?

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502

does not come with a dock, though they are selling one with a IR remote control.
    And yes, it should work just fine with older docks

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

the new (video) ipod will not work with any other dock than the new universal (IR) one. it comes with a snap in casing which will allow your ipod to fit into the generic dock moulding. if you have a different ipod, you simply use the different snap in that comes with it when you buy the dock. comaptibility can be found on apple's store.

5. macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Not true. I have used my new iPod (video) with an iPod Photo dock. Now I cannot access the IR features, but I can sync and charge via this dock.

6. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Very very interesting, any idea if your 4th gen Photo dock is similar to the 3rd gen 20 gig dock? I am in the same boat as the thread starter. I have a 3rd gen ipod dock that i'd love to use with my new 5th gen, but if apple thinks i am going to buy this new universal dock so that i can display my ipod nice and pretty next to my powerbook, they are dead wrong.

7. macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have no idea. All I know is that before I shipped off my iPod Photo (that I sold on eBay) I received my 5G iPod. The firewire sync would not work so I plugged a USB 2.0 cable into the back of the iPod Photo dock and synced it that way......still waiting for the universal dock I ordered with my iPod 5G.

8. macrumors newbie

I can confirm this - I bought an iPod Photo dock today - it works fine.

9. macrumors G3

puckhead193

i was at the apple store and they were using an old ipod dock