Video iPod Help !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by getbigg21, Oct 24, 2005.

1. getbigg21 Guest

Hello-

I just got my video ipod. I am wanting to transfer mpeg and avi files over so I can play them on my ipod. I tried using quicktime pro to convert it and it takes forever/freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I don't know what you mean by forever but judging by the specs of your ibook in your sig it would probably take a couple hours to convert a 90min movie.
    You could also try handbrake to convert it.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

It will appear that it freezes after encoding about a quarter or fifth of the file, and then it will go reeeaalllllly slow from there. Just let it run, it'll eventually get it done.

4. getbigg21 thread starter Guest

yeah quicktime is running really slow. it goes pretty quick at the first part of it and then it just drags. i was trying to convert a 60 min movie and it's been 6 hrs and it's only about 1/2 done. i would use handbrake but it's not a dvd movie. it's an avi file. speaking of Handbrake it also takes quite a bit of time to transfer movies over. I am trying to transfer the new batman and it's like taking days to transfer so I can view it on my iPod. Anyone know of anything else we can use or a way to make it go faster?

5. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

i'd recommend checking out the itunes/ipod discussions for more information re: that sort of stuff.