Video iPod Screenshot. Is this really it?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by spacehog371, Oct 4, 2005.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Thats one of the crappiest mock-ups I think I have ever seen. And I've spent 9 years as a prototypist. Believe me when I tell you that this may be similar to the actual "look" of the so called video pod, I highly doubt it's an official Apple prototype. The courners all have different circumfrences, the screen isn't even centered in its frame, and it looks widdled out of balsa wood. My guess is this is some freshmen industrial designers modeling project shot with an equally crappy phone camera. Engadget should be embarassed for even posting this image.

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I don't think apple would put the scroll wheel all the way to the side or the button, whatever orientation you choose. It is not very comfortable to use when it is that close to the edge. Other then that, this is pretty much what I would expect a Video iPod to look like.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Honestly I always figured they would just take a regular color iPod and just give it video capabilities.

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

6. 40167 macrumors regular

As posted in the other tread...

Thats just stupid... the startup screen is from a Toshiba e335 Pocket PC (it's fliped over, hell you can even see a picture of the Pocket PC)

[​IMG]
    Click for larger.

Edit: Added Image

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Looks like a photoshopped nano to me.
    They stretched the top half of the nano, and put in the video still.

8. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I was wondering what the picture was of. Thats pretty much the key give away on this aswell.

9. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

That is funny, you would think someone would at least photoshop a video still in there!

10. carpe diem macrumors 6502

11. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Mine looks better

Mine looks better...hahaha :D

Attached Files:

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

no thats the Windows Pocket PC startup screen. fake

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nah, the area around the click wheel near the screen looks crap.

14. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well I ment it's clearer, still for a photoshop at like 3 am think it's ok haha :p

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Fake? almost certainly, but even so it does make me think:

I wonder if the rumored video iPod will have a widescreen display layout vaguely similar to this mock-up, with it meant to be viewed on its side (rotated 90 degrees from the current iPod's longitudinal axis)

16. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I also wonder how the click wheel whould be positioned, I mean either way you put it it'll be different for anthor use. Like putting it so Menu faces towards the screen will be odd when you move it to it's side. Or maybe either the click-wheel allows you to move it or there is an electronic display for the symbols which would probably be too expensie. Whatever Apple does it should be good :)

17. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

that picture looks photoshopped

if apple makes video ipods i wouldnt expect them to look that much like the current ipod

18. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I still think that they will give you the option to orient the screen in regular music/photo mode and you have to use it landscape for video, (option for left or right-handed though). If this feature doesn't show up on the first revision, it will be the first thing I'll be suggesting apple look at for the updated software, (and I speak as a right-handed iPod user).

19. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Eh, I wouldn't say that. The design of the iPods haven't really changed. Except for wheel changes from 1-4, all other lines tagged w/ 'iPod' have the same setup. It's become a logo in itself for apple. As has the white finish. Sure, nanos/minis have diff colors. But at the same time, the rest of the apple line incorporates this elegant white finish. I'd be VERY surprised if Apple came out w/ a totally new design for the videoPod (that is, if it comes out)

20. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

If you notice too, the iPod nano isn't smooth edged/cornered, (neither is the shuffle, but that is expected). I think they are going back to the original design more with squarer edges perhaps on all iPods. If so, that picture on engadget looks even more fake. Far too smooth.

21. iGary Guest

iGary

Tell you what.

You wouldn't catch me watching a movie or video with this on a metropolitan subway or bus, which is the only thing I could see it being useful for, aside from taking it to bed with you and watching it on your chest.

I'm going on the record against a video iPod being released.

22. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I agree, same with the iPod Photo. The only thing nice about the thing is that you can transfer your pics to it form your digital camera, but you could do that without the screen being color anyways. So, I think as long as Apple wouldn't dissemble all sweet features in the iPod, I wouldn't need a "video" ipod.

23. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

The beauty of a wheel is that there is no up. Because of the sudden motion sensors in all apple laptops, it can detect how it's being held and make it so that the top of the wheel is always menu, no matter what orientation it's in. that could be the design...I hope not though