Video Library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yg17, Apr 4, 2005.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Does anyone know of any software for OSX thats similar to iTunes, except for video (Divx files mainly)

Thanks

2. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've tried two such programs: iFlicks and iVideo. Neither are perfect (yet), but come back in a few versions and the story could be different. iFlicks takes a more iTunes approach, and iVideo takes a more iPhoto approach.

3. brap macrumors 68000

Sounds great in principle, but in reality very few people will have enough hard drive space to make full use of these iTunes-esque apps. I know I have issues when it comes to giving up 1GB of HD space for a backed-up DVD...

For the numbers involved, it makes much more sense to just have a folder heirarchy, and labeled DVD-Rs.

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

I've got 200 gigs of free hard drive space and thats with 7 gigs of movies and 25 gigs of MP3s already ;)

chameeeleon, thanks for the links. They're both great, hard to choose which one to use

5. brap macrumors 68000

That's the thing, though. iTunes only really comes into its own with libraries of 1000+ songs - 200GB won't get you near to that quantity in movies, and besides, that's 200GB of connected storage which could be used for worthwhile stuff! ;)

If it works for you, cool... just seems a bit, well, weird.

6. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

How do I play a dvd to the hard drive. It's copying now and has 7.74gb, but it is in two main folders, "AUDIO_TS" AND "VIDEO_TS". How will I play it on the dvd player?

7. RAS admin macrumors regular

RAS admin

In the DVD player app. just go to "Open VIDEO_TS Folder" from the file menu. select the folder and press play...

8. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

I highlight VIDEO_TS and hit 'choose' and nothing happens. The files within this folder are 'greyed' and you can't select any individual one. ??

9. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

nevermind, I didn't hit 'play' thanks