Video of Apple's WWDC 2014 Keynote Now Available

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Bhatu, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

Bhatu macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2013
  2. aa521490 macrumors regular

Dec 25, 2007
    I figure I'd run errands during the live keynote and come back to watch it later. Thanks for the heads up.
  3. kalsta macrumors 68000

May 17, 2010
  4. krravi macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2010
    I watched it on my Apple TV and I have to say I was Impressed. Lots of new features which make our daily lives so much easier. Loved the continuity feature!

Was hoping for some hardware release and there was none :(
  5. JGIGS macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2008
    Hey Apple can you please get rid of the Dinosaur tech known as quicktime?

I want to listen to the keynote at work on my computer but can't because I can't download quicktime.

Already putting me in an anti-apple mood.
  6. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

Aug 28, 2007
    SE Michigan
    :( no hardware release, I was hoping for AppleTV like many
  7. robertojorge macrumors regular

May 6, 2014
    +1 :) Being able to continue working in whatever device is just great and answering or rejecting calls on the Mac while your phone is somewhere around the house just fantastic.
  8. Amacfa macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2009
  9. warriorz macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2010
    Wasn't the most exciting keynote. A lot for developers but consumers haven't really got much to talk about: 'evolutionary' springs to mind.
  10. that1guyy macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2011
    How do I full screen the video? Stupid quicktime
  11. nikko1423 macrumors member

Sep 12, 2012
    I know right! Come on Apple! Where's that Macbook Air with Retina!?!?
  12. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2013
    Considering there were no hardware announcements today, I am still pretty excited! The improvements are pretty interesting, and Metal especially is VERY interesting in terms of A-series computers. The main concern with the processor shift is that so many applications are designed for Intel processors, so this is a large step towards making ARM a player in the global computing market.
  13. kushibo macrumors newbie

May 30, 2012
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    No AppleTV upgrade?

I'm in Hawaii, so I didn't get up to watch the keynote address, but from a cursory look at the various news items, it looks like no upgrade to the AppleTV was announced. Is that correct? I was waiting to buy one, just in case a new one was announced, but I guess I'll get the one they currently have.
  14. the-msa macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2013
    Solid, but a lot of features that android already has. Apple delivered, but failed to impress. It was ok.
  15. ikir macrumors 6502a

Sep 26, 2007
  16. kwokaaron macrumors 6502

Sep 20, 2013
    What's with Apple's efficiency today? The website for the OS X and iOS preview was up right at the end of the keynote, the Swift documentation is on iBooks already, the video for the keynote is up, the OS X beta program is updated for Yosemite sign-ups, heck even they even updated their youtube channel! Not complaining, hope they keep this up for all their events.
  17. AppleInTheMud macrumors 6502

Jun 19, 2012
    Vojens Denmark

Yes I would love to have seen some hardware also. But iOS 8 and Yosemite seems pretty amazing, so I'm happy :)

Cos iOS 8 launch this fall ? That means iPhone 6 this fall. Sooooo soon they will invite again and tell about new hardware :)
  18. Ralf The Dog macrumors regular

May 1, 2008
    From the consumer level, it was a nice presentation. From the developer level, I would put this on the same level as the introduction of the iPhone.
  19. thekeyring macrumors 68030

Jan 5, 2012
    Apple really impressed today. They've blown Windows 8 out of the water and given Android a run for it's money.

Can't believe some people in this forum are unimpressed.

You can send text messages from you Mac. You find this unimpressive?!
  20. stevedun macrumors member

Feb 13, 2012
    The Continuity features looks really, really cool. I'm excited for those. Also, the third-party widgets for "Today" are long-overdue and welcome to the party. AirDrop being Mac-to-iOS compatible is big. All very cool updates.

Very disappointed, however, that Siri didn't make it to OSX. I'm quite confused as to why I can't enjoy those convenient features on my MacBook.

Equally disappointed that the aTV got nothing. I suppose, if new hardware is in the pipeline, it makes sense to hold off for another event, but I'm dying for the aTV to get an app store and SDK. Continuity + Swift and Playground in Xcode + an AppleTV app store... oh the possibilities....
  21. naduh macrumors newbie

Feb 4, 2014
    watch the keynote? no thanks. I have heard enough bullcrap for today.
  22. randfee2 macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2007
    oh please quicktime.... how to enable fullscreen on this? lame to watch it in a letterbox 1/8th of he screen size, rescaling the content of the browser window does not help either.

Pathetic, that apple doesn't even think of this, considering how much attention to detail they claim to spend.
  23. pacalis macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2011