Video of F1-11 after-burn.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DeSnousa, Sep 3, 2006.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Well yesterday my city celebrated the opening of the River Festival with my favourite event, the River Fire. This event was a spectacular 40 minute fireworks display complemented by 2 F1-11's doing an after-burn at the end. It was so cool that I need to show you all the video I took on my camera, enjoy :D

Link to video

2. cazlar macrumors 6502

I was busy doing stuff in my house when it started, but had the TV on to the coverage so I'd go outside and watch at the appropriate time. But they didn't give any warning (at least that I caught), and before I knew it the house was nearly shaking and I'd missed it!

I did catch part of the second pass, but missed seeing it come directly over me and just got to see it leaving :(

3. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Great, thanks for sharing that!

I saw a MiG-29 doing acrobatics for the first time in the UK the other month. A very impressive plane.

4. Motley macrumors 6502

Pretty nifty, thanks for the link.
    Plus I can brag and go "Oh I worked on those!"

5. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

6. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Was that at Farnborough? I saw a pic today my brother took at this year's show. A Mig 29 doing a vertical take-off. the pic was just this fighter jet silhouette against the sky. Looked awesome - even in a 2D photo!

DeSnousa> Excellent video! I can only imagine how cool that looked for real.

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

That is one awesome video!!! I was reading up on loads of planes today actually, the Blackbird and stuff. F1-11s are rather nice too though!!

8. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

9. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

No, it was earlier at RAF Fairford.

Did it look like this? :D

Attached Files:

10. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

I live directly under the Durham tees-valley airport flight path in the UK and when the Sunderland airshow is on they park alot of the planes at the airport so i see them all taking off! its soo cool... last year i think it was a tornado jet took off over our house and once it was a decent hight went literally Straight up in the Air vertically!!! what was best was as it went through the clouds above they parted in a perfect circle as the guy flew through pushing them out of the way!!! i wish id had a video camera!! the new eurofighters have been flying over this year... theyre noisey buggers!!:p