Video of Steve Jobs and First Macintosh ever.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MIDI_EVIL, Apr 16, 2006.

1. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

2. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Yeah - seen that many times before but it still gives me goosebumps.

aussie_geek

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

i look at that and say... Now that guy is a Billionaire.
    Then i get kinda depressed. lol

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

He wasn't doing too badly at the time, either. The Apple II had a huge marketshare at the time, and both Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were already very wealthy.

5. Project macrumors 68020

The thing I like most about this movie, is Steves grin about half way through after the Mac finishes talking. He looked immensely proud.

6. iShane macrumors 6502a

Wow. That's cool. The crowd seems pretty excited. I think Steve looks a little like Adam Standler there. Am I right?

7. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

I love seeing that video, but every time I watch it I wonder...

• There's a big chuckle/applause as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a floppy disk. Something that didn't get caught by the camera? Something about the new small 3.5" diskette? Steve reaching into the wrong pocket at first or something?

• Huge surge of applause just as the large MACINTOSH letters begin scrolling across the screen to begin the show. Coincided with the MIDI of "Chariots of Fire" dropping into that first deep bass note. Is it just because the show is beginning, or is it a more dramatic 1st-time accomplishment to see a computer that can display a font at that point size and scroll it across the screen like that? Surely not in response to the music alone?!

• I had that text-to-speech app, running under System 4. Eons before MacinTalk & the rest of modern text-to-speech. What was the name of that silly little app?

• Boy, that audience sure did love the looks of that chess game! What is it with chess games that impress Mac users so much? (The 3D Chess game in OS X was constantly being featured in screen shots, too).

8. dylan macrumors 6502

I always thought he looked kind of like Tom Cruise.

9. MIDI_EVIL thread starter macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

1. I think it was just the way he presented it, the charisma in which he just took it out of his pocket.

2. Yeah i'm guessing the size of font and the fact it's scrolling smoothly. Possibly the epicness of the soundtrack helped add to the illusion.

3. No idea of the name of the app. Sorry.

4. Intellect, maybe?

Great video though!

Rich.

10. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

When he's smirking, I think he looks an awful lot like Rob Lowe.

And, of course, he looks like Noah Wylie. :D