Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Just watched it again and can't believe he even gets a cheer/laugh for getting a floppy disk out of his pocket!!!

The Chariots of Fire music is still great too.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Lacero said:
Wow! The Age of the Macintosh brought such promise. 21 years later, 2% marketshare.

Well, you might say that there is 100% marketshare of what the Mac represented. Mistakes were made, but I think (hope) the ship has finally been set right. The Mac will never have 20% marktshare, but even 5% would be double the Mac users, and a great boon for Apple.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine that Dell doesnt have 5% of the PC marketshare. 5% would be great for a single company.

panphage

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2003
Mav451 said:
Aye...one wonders what would have happened if Macs had gotten more development in games. I remember my first "computer" gaming experience was on an old Mac my mom had brought home from work (I must have been 5 or 6 at the time).

Heck, I still remember playing the "rearrange the Apple" game...lol I never did get it to work as a kid, though I'm sure I could now.

Well I don't know how the mac fit into it, but Apple Computers were absolutely the 800 pound Gorilla of computer games when the industry started. Read Insanely Great. Too bad the gaming industry (like the PC industry and oh yeah, the PDA industry) left apple behind. Let's hope they manage to keep relevant in the portable music player industry. Otherwise it'll just be another breakthrough apple popularized and then lost the market.

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
Wow, I downloaded it this morning but only just got around to watching it. It really is insanely great, absolutely blows today's keynotes out of the water, the people were just going crazy for it. Thinking about it more, it really was a defining moment and really something to get excited about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.